The Kidney Cancer Program (KCP) at UT Southwestern (CRI) is committed to making its website attainable to all users. To do this, we have included several features designed to improve accessibility for users with disabilities. To aid users who listen to the content of the site by using a screen reader, rather than reading the site, the following elements have been added:
- A hyperlink is provided to circumvent repetitive navigation elements.
- Navigation, linked items and forms are accessible via a logical tab sequence.
- Descriptive alternative text is provided for non-text links and images.
The KCP welcomes comments on how to improve the site’s accessibility for users with disabilities. If you use assistive technology and the format of any material on our website interferes with your ability to access the information, please contact us by email at KCP@utsw.edu. Please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the Web address of the requested material and your contact information.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND EXTERNAL LINKS
Links to the KCP
Advanced permission to link to THE KCP’s website is not necessary. However, pages within these sites may change at any time without notice. Links to the KCP should be continuously checked.
Entities and individuals linking to the KCP shall not capture our pages within frames, present KCP content as its own or otherwise misrepresent KCP content. Furthermore, they shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of KCP content. Certain information on our site may be trademarked, service-marked or otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Any link to the KCP site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to the site unencumbered. The “Back” button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
Links from the KCP
This section outlines the criteria and requirements that external websites must meet to have a link from our website. It also details how links are accepted and removed from the KCP Website. We reserve the right to link to external Website(s) that provide a service or are otherwise of value to our users.
Our website has links to government and non-government Websites that provide information and services benefiting users. We will, at our discretion, consider link requests to websites containing information or services that further the purpose of the KCP, including relevant organizations and publications.
Our website is not a forum for public communication and debate. The criteria outlined in this section have been established to ensure our website remains a non-public forum. Each link request we received must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness to the purpose of the KCP. Approval is based on the following criteria:
- The website’s content is appropriate with respect to the purpose of the KCP.
- The website does not:
- exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- advocate or promote the use of alcohol or tobacco;
- belong to or support a political affiliation; or
- further the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
The KCP reserves the right to deny links if we determine a website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of the KCP or does not meet one or more of the criteria out in this policy.
- E-mail link requests to KCP@utsw.edu, placing “Link Request” in the subject line. Each link request should address how the site meets the two acceptance criteria outlined above.
- The link request will be reviewed against the acceptance criteria set forth above. The decision of the KCP is final as to whether the requesting site may have a link from our website.
- Approved sites must comply with the following conditions for link maintenance and may be required to enter into a written linking agreement with the KCP.
The KCP reserves the right to remove links if it determines a website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the purpose of the KCP, or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth above in this policy. The decision of the KCP is final as to whether a link is to be removed. Links may be removed for the following reasons:
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point.
- The linked website contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria.
- The linked website violates the conditions for link maintenance.
- Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times or intrusive advertising.
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period.
- The external website fails to comply with the written linking agreement, if any.